Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Purse

I made this new bag for a swap on swapbot. The top is woven together with pieces of cotton with shiny gold accents from Thailand and the rest of the bag is made of this funky black woodgrain synthetic that has been sitting in a box in storage for a few years (I could never quite figure out what to make with it until now). The first picture is detail of the top and the second picture is of the entire purse.

The top is woven and the strips are only sewn together around the edges. I put the top together before I even figured out what I was making. Once the top was together I realized that it would make a perfect purse flap and voila!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks really great and reminds me so much of the origami papers I have so its a good job I actually read these posts as I realised the fabrics from Thailand :). I'm sure the person you made it for loved it.

    ReplyDelete