Friday, October 16, 2009

Goomba Mini Quilt/Trivet

I have been having a lot of fun making mini-quilts lately. If I ever keep one, I will use it as a trivet to put hot stuff on. For a geek craft swap that I am hosting, I thought an 8 bit mini-quilt would be awesome. I went with a goomba because I had this fun goomba orange spiral print that seemed perfect.


Here is what a bunch of goomba pieces look like...

This is what a goomba would look like if a bob-omb exploded it to bits.

This is a freakishly tall goomba.

And finally, here is the finished goomba mini-quilt hanging on the finger hook. I am really happy with how it turned out and kind of sad to send it away although I think my swap partner will be pleased.

2 comments:

  1. yo..it's cute!!
    agnes sim for Comments on Craft/Design Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this too! so impressed with your geek craft

    samuraijen - swap bot

    ReplyDelete